Monday, September 5, 2011

Repairing the Past


Since I have been studying my family for many years now, my information had been spread out across many sites. I have finally found the scans of the actual bible of Anthony Bledsoe HENDERSON and Matilda Jane BANKS. This was a wonderful find that was sent to me by Carolyn GIBSON (TEBEAU) years ago. I am glad I got to get these pages back online.

The second item I have rediscovered and added to the site was my transcription of part of the 1880 United States Census. The interesting part of this record is that there are a lot of glaring mistakes. Since this was taken from an apparent transcript by the LDS Family History Library the transcriber may have misread the original document.

I'll see if I can get a hold of the original census document to determine if this was a transcription error, or if the actual census showed these errors.

Just another interesting mystery in the exploration of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment